Africa '99 - Medical Mission to Kenya

During the summer of 2001 i got involved with a medical missions team. destination: Kenya length of stay: one month (way too short). the following posts are straight copies from my paperback journal that i had kept. i tried my best to write even though i was too sick most of the time. after going through this experience i vowed to always carry a good camera where ever i go, cuz disposable cameras are not that great and not very reliable. enjoy.

Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, March 10, 2006

Bug recovery

I am just recovering from a bug I caught. I have been suffering for atleast two days. Marius, Jennifer, and Kishma are probably at a Masai village right now providing more medical (veterinarian) treatment for their animals. I know Jennifer has been "sick" as well - she's probably in bed now too. In the past few days we've been to the Tree Tops Hotel. A very nice place, in the middle of wilderness, in the middle of danger, good food, good view, good safari...but very cold and no heaters. That is when I came down with flu-like symptoms. I didn't enjoy it very much. But I'm glad everybody else practically had a ball.