Africa '99 - Medical Mission to Kenya

During the summer of 2001 i got involved with a medical missions team. destination: Kenya length of stay: one month (way too short). the following posts are straight copies from my paperback journal that i had kept. i tried my best to write even though i was too sick most of the time. after going through this experience i vowed to always carry a good camera where ever i go, cuz disposable cameras are not that great and not very reliable. enjoy.

Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, March 10, 2006

Sick again

I have been sick with some kind of "bug" for the past three days. I think it was because of that one morning in Nanyuki when Marius and I were going 30 mph in the bitter cold. I had shorts and a shirt on, and I was freezing my butt off. Then we ate fruit for breakfast, that could be the other source of my sickness. My terrible illness struck me at the Tree Tops Hotel. I am in Nairobi's Ambassadeur Hotel. The team (including myself) just came back from a dinner at a Korean Minister's home/church. Yes, that is correct, a Korean Minister in Kenya. He and his family were extremely generous with the best Kenyan food thus far. However, the gospel wasn't quite the gospel I know. Then again, I do come from America, where medicane is advanced and abundant. This minister heals people, on the stage, on tv, and face-to-face. But who am I to judge? Tomorrow is a big day. The team is heading towards the slums of Nairobi, Kibera.