Africa '99 - Medical Mission to Kenya

During the summer of 2001 i got involved with a medical missions team. destination: Kenya length of stay: one month (way too short). the following posts are straight copies from my paperback journal that i had kept. i tried my best to write even though i was too sick most of the time. after going through this experience i vowed to always carry a good camera where ever i go, cuz disposable cameras are not that great and not very reliable. enjoy.

Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, March 10, 2006

Arrival in Nairobi

Now I am on a flight to Nairobi. I got a whole row all to myself, yippy (by the way, I'm being sarcastic) - and got a great South African view. I might be able to sit in the cockput again, this time during landing (that's what some flight attendant said).

We're staing at a Catholic center. Very well kept, clean, and cheap ($17 per day - included meals). Brushed my teeth with tap water (that's a big no no!). Food was very good, tasted kinda like Indian food. I should go to bed early, everybody else it - besides, I must wake up around 6 or 7 to jog with Marius and Dale - even though I've been told it's extremely dangerous to walk around when the sun isn't up.

(I took a picture of my room at the Catholic center - but the film didn't quite make it)