Africa '99 - Medical Mission to Kenya

During the summer of 2001 i got involved with a medical missions team. destination: Kenya length of stay: one month (way too short). the following posts are straight copies from my paperback journal that i had kept. i tried my best to write even though i was too sick most of the time. after going through this experience i vowed to always carry a good camera where ever i go, cuz disposable cameras are not that great and not very reliable. enjoy.

Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, March 10, 2006

Canine attack

Holy moly!!!...I can hear BIG DOGS BARKING OUTSIDE! The walls must be paper thin! Sound like 3 or 4 rabid dogs trying to kill each other (or something)....That definitely woke me up...anyway, tomorrow (or later today) we'll be heading off the nanyuki. It will be a 4-5 day trek in a bus (paid $11 per day each). Everybody else is already in bed, I must try to get some sleep as well.