Africa '99 - Medical Mission to Kenya

During the summer of 2001 i got involved with a medical missions team. destination: Kenya length of stay: one month (way too short). the following posts are straight copies from my paperback journal that i had kept. i tried my best to write even though i was too sick most of the time. after going through this experience i vowed to always carry a good camera where ever i go, cuz disposable cameras are not that great and not very reliable. enjoy.

Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, March 10, 2006

I am out of shape

July 26th, 2001

I have no idea what time it is. I am awake early. A rev/pastor/bishop in a room across from me just left his room. he said he'd been awake since 5:00 AM. I saw his light come on. I have been awake, I estimate, since 4:50 AM. Before he left he informed it was 6:30 AM. I've done some devotional time. I can hear singing deep in the walls. I think it is a group of nuns. (I don't think we're going jogging this morning). I can hear birds outside - dawn is approaching. None of the sounds are familiar to me. Everybody else is still sound asleep.